Thursday, April 29, 2004

gaming

i'm sure i've mentioned my love of pc gaming. if not, let me mention it: i love pc games. i started playing a really enjoyable and challenging new game this week. it's called TOCA: The Ultimate Driving Simulator. so far i've spent most of my time spinning out, but i'll get the hang of it...i hope. i enjoy driving and cars as much as any guy, but i feel like a complete neophyte in this town of milan. most of the guys in the high school small group i led are genius mechanics and know everything there is to know about tractors, cars, trucks, gear ratios, nitro, turbocharging, etc. i've got the highest admiration for them; i think they know cars better than i know the bible. NASCAR is huge around here, too. there's a guy in the church who was part of the penske pit crew team. every restaraunt has got pictures of dale jr. or jeff gordon plastered on the walls. sometimes i wonder if my ignorance of the auto subculture limits my effectiveness at communicating the gospel in this community. maybe playing this simulator will help me learn the appeal of the country's fastest growing sport. i know it's not NASCAR, but it's in the same genre (at least, as far as i know...).



Now if I could only find a guitar simulator...

No comments: