Tuesday, September 28, 2010

sermon notes

I’ve had some requests for easy access to notes from the sermons on Sunday mornings, and thought this might be a simple way to make them accessible.

They are really just the notes I use for preaching, unedited except for a couple of hyperlinks here and there.  So I expect there will be a fair number of typos and other missing edits.  Also, some ideas that end up being fleshed out with stories or practical illustrations (swords being swung around, or seeds being tossed for example) may just not come across very well as written.  Sometimes those places are noted with bracketed italics, sometimes they are absent altogether.  Finally, there are many ideas and even quotes taken from books or sermons I’ve heard that I might give credit to when speaking, but which I haven’t put in my notes.  If you aren’t attributed, and you notice I’ve plagiarized something from you, please let me know and I’ll be happy to edit the notes with some props!

No comments: