Friday, June 8, 2007

man of Steele

while on the phone with Ronni tonight, she tells me my brother-in-law-in-law Joe (brothers don't shake hands; brothers gotta hug...) is just now finding out I've got a blog; apparently we've been hding it from him. he's got a blackberry, and he's browsing here as I type.

so this post is simply to welcome Joe to the blog, and make him feel at home. for those of you that don't know him, Joe's real cool...maybe he'll stay for a while and even leave a comment or 2. oh, and by the way, Joe's last name is Steele. doesn't get any cooler than that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warm welcome. Also, Jesse is correct, my last name is Steele.
So I was in Colorado over the weekend for a family (as referenced in previous posts) and I was thinking about something as the wheels of our Northwest flight touched down at Metro Airport.
For some reason I have always been amazed and will continue to be amazed by traveling. For example, on Sunday morning I was with my wife and daughter, along with Ronni, Colin and Ronni's mom at a little restaurant nestled in the Rocky Mountains at an elevation of over 8,500 feet. We were enjoying our breakfast on the patio in the bright Colorado sunshine and that same night, I was back home eating leftovers from my own refrigerator. Imagine trying to explain that scenario to the settlers trying to navigate over the Rockies over a century ago!

Anonymous said...

ha, that's true. probably would have taken the settlers about as long to climb up those mountains as it took you to drive down, get on a plane, fly to Detroit, and drive home.